Happy Beavers return
Tue, October 23, 2012 - 12:01 AM
SIXTEEN BEAVERS, along with some parents and Scout leaders, took flight via LIAT on October 19 on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to St Vincent.
The reason it was so special, said assistant district commissioner for the Beavers in the Bridgetown district, Cheryl Callender, was because scouting in Barbados was celebrating its 100th anniversary so the Beaver group was given special dispensation to take the trip.
In a telephone interview yesterday, she said: “Usually the Beavers are only allowed to take overnight camps but this time we were given special permission to do this. It is historic because I don’t know if it will ever happen again,” she said.
Callender said the “adventurous activity” was made even more special as some of the children, aged four to six, had never been on a plane before.
Callender said the children went on tours and bus rides, did some shopping and visited a church as part of the adventure. They returned yesterday. (CA)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Working to secure future
- daneale o'neale commented on UPDATED:Road fatality on Spring Garden
- Carl Harper commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on Wall of Art
- Tony Webster commented on THE BIG PICTURE: Sacred and profane