Happy Beavers return
Tue, October 23, 2012 - 12:01 AM
SIXTEEN BEAVERS, along with some parents and Scout leaders, took flight via LIAT on October 19 on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to St Vincent.
The reason it was so special, said assistant district commissioner for the Beavers in the Bridgetown district, Cheryl Callender, was because scouting in Barbados was celebrating its 100th anniversary so the Beaver group was given special dispensation to take the trip.
In a telephone interview yesterday, she said: “Usually the Beavers are only allowed to take overnight camps but this time we were given special permission to do this. It is historic because I don’t know if it will ever happen again,” she said.
Callender said the “adventurous activity” was made even more special as some of the children, aged four to six, had never been on a plane before.
Callender said the children went on tours and bus rides, did some shopping and visited a church as part of the adventure. They returned yesterday. (CA)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past