Heads upbeat over LIAT plan
Sat, December 29, 2012 - 12:08 AM
THE MAIN SHAREHOLDER GOVERNMENTS IN LIAT yesterday endorsed the airline’s new business plan and indicated that they were optimistic about the company’s future.
Chairman of the shareholder governments and Prime Minister of St Vincent and the Grenadines Dr Ralph Gonsalves said some of the four governments had already started making payments toward the fleet renewal that was at the core of the business plan.
His comments came during a news conference at Hilton Barbados that followed a meeting of the major shareholders, who now include Dominica.
“The shareholders have bitten the bullet that we have to invest more resources in order to strengthen LIAT both in the renewal of the fleet and the [route] expansion in order to make it viable.Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Georges Augustin commented on Embrace African heritage!
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Bim Bum commented on Credit unions must pull investments
- Bim Bum commented on Too much emotion!
- Bim Bum commented on Increase in drugs from US