Heads upbeat over LIAT plan
Sat, December 29, 2012 - 12:08 AM
THE MAIN SHAREHOLDER GOVERNMENTS IN LIAT yesterday endorsed the airline’s new business plan and indicated that they were optimistic about the company’s future.
Chairman of the shareholder governments and Prime Minister of St Vincent and the Grenadines Dr Ralph Gonsalves said some of the four governments had already started making payments toward the fleet renewal that was at the core of the business plan.
His comments came during a news conference at Hilton Barbados that followed a meeting of the major shareholders, who now include Dominica.
“The shareholders have bitten the bullet that we have to invest more resources in order to strengthen LIAT both in the renewal of the fleet and the [route] expansion in order to make it viable.Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years