Sun, November 04, 2012 - 12:01 AM
They say the face of a clown can be scary. But it wasn’t for little Aaliyah Lewis when Hopey The Clown came right up to her in The City yesterday morning.
Aaliyah found instead that the soul of a clown is not only funny but can be full of feeling, as Hopey was for Barbados’ nationhood in his National Colours outfit, seeing how he offered her and others balloons of the heart – blown and twisted as they were.
Hopey was bringing Independence cheer to the very young as he heartily traversed Swan Street yesterday – with traditional red nose but wearing braids – giving a whole new meaning to class clown! (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Orange Peel commented on Raunchy beach party
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Hoping to make friends with other retirees
- daneale o'neale commented on NCC talks today
- James Lynch commented on Export lift
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past