Hike in voters
Wed, February 20, 2013 - 12:09 AM
More than 3 000 new voters are among the near quarter of a million whose support is being sought by the two main political parties vying in tomorrow’s General Election for the right to form a new government.
The new register of electors for all 30 constituencies, released by the Electoral and Boundaries Commission, has a total of 247 211 voters based on the commission’s final compilation of data up to yesterday afternoon.
The total at the previous poll in January 2008, which was won by the Democratic Labour Party (DLP) was 243 501 voters.
At January 31, 2012, it was 245 672.
The electoral register now comprises 118 669 men and 128 542 women. (RJ)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?