‘Homework’ for educatorsRonald Jones, Minister of Education. (FP )
Tue, October 23, 2012 - 12:06 AM
EDUCATORS FROM TEN COUNTRIES have been tasked with finding a solution to the economic challenges facing education.
Speaking at the opening of the Third International Conference On Higher Education at Hilton Barbados on Sunday, Minister of Education Ronald Jones told participants that though it would be difficult, answers had to be found.
“When I reflect on the significant burdens being caused by the current global uncertainties and the ever present recessionary economic trends, I am convinced that thinkers such as yourselves must deploy every talent, every skill and every knowledge to assist those in governance, business, trade and other economic and social actions to change the current circumstances/paradigm. I do not believe it is beyond our capacity,” Jones said.
Noting that a number of other crises had been solved before, Jones said this current situation might be due to a lack of confidence. (YB)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Simon Templar commented on Bulgarian charged for cocaine
- Tony Webster commented on AWRIGHT DEN!: Well done, Harold
- Francis Blackman commented on Danger zone
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on Key points: Clive Lloyd on Windies cricket
- Wayne Webster commented on Ebola test for 90 Nigerian students