Hottest of allJohn Hardman getting the attention of fans in his Ford Escort MkII.
By Stephan Walker | Wed, June 13, 2012 - 12:00 AM
THE DUST has finally settled on what can be described as one of the most action-packed rallies that the roads of Barbados have ever seen.
Sol Rally Barbados was held last weekend by the Barbados Rally Club, which celebrates 55 years this year. The rally, in its 23rd year, started on Saturday with the first stage at Pickerings, St Lucy.
As is the custom, the pace was brisk from the beginning as the rally is essentially a sprint event, which meant there was no time for drivers to get settled in, and there was no room for mistakes.
Paul Bird was fast from the outset, often finding himself in the top five times alongside rivals Roger Skeete, Sean Gill, Paul Bourne, Jeffrey Panton and John Powell, just to name a few.
Read the full story in today's MIDWEEK NATION.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments