Husbands:Passport in 24 hoursSenator Harry Husbands
Thu, November 15, 2012 - 2:12 PM
For the first time, Barbadians can access a passport within 24 hours.
That is according to Senator Harry Husbands, Parliamentary Secretary in the Office of the Prime Minister with responsibility for Immigration.
He was speaking in the Senate yesterday during debate on the International Business (Amendment) Bill which would adjust tax rates fro international businesses.
“The days when it took ten weeks and one had to go down to the Immigration Department, wait in a line and told to come back tomorrow, [have] been brought to an end,” Husbands said.
“You talk about innovation and creativity in business in Barbados? It is happening right here under this Government.”
Full story in tomorrow's WEEKEND NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on THE HOYOS FILE: Living in a Massy paradise
- Larsen Parris commented on Bajan sex workers urged to join body
- Larsen Parris commented on Young hitmen
- Carl Harper commented on Severance mess troubling