Husbands:Passport in 24 hoursSenator Harry Husbands
Thu, November 15, 2012 - 2:12 PM
For the first time, Barbadians can access a passport within 24 hours.
That is according to Senator Harry Husbands, Parliamentary Secretary in the Office of the Prime Minister with responsibility for Immigration.
He was speaking in the Senate yesterday during debate on the International Business (Amendment) Bill which would adjust tax rates fro international businesses.
“The days when it took ten weeks and one had to go down to the Immigration Department, wait in a line and told to come back tomorrow, [have] been brought to an end,” Husbands said.
“You talk about innovation and creativity in business in Barbados? It is happening right here under this Government.”
Full story in tomorrow's WEEKEND NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Pan Wallie commented on Home cry
- Wayne Webster commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women