Husbands:Passport in 24 hoursSenator Harry Husbands
Thu, November 15, 2012 - 2:12 PM
For the first time, Barbadians can access a passport within 24 hours.
That is according to Senator Harry Husbands, Parliamentary Secretary in the Office of the Prime Minister with responsibility for Immigration.
He was speaking in the Senate yesterday during debate on the International Business (Amendment) Bill which would adjust tax rates fro international businesses.
“The days when it took ten weeks and one had to go down to the Immigration Department, wait in a line and told to come back tomorrow, [have] been brought to an end,” Husbands said.
“You talk about innovation and creativity in business in Barbados? It is happening right here under this Government.”
Full story in tomorrow's WEEKEND NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Tony Webster commented on MONDAY MAN: On guard, by God’s grace
- Wayne Webster commented on Time to step up
- Pan Wallie commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: I love outside man, despite the blows
- Pan Wallie commented on Fire officers to get a hand