Ilaro Court aglow
Tue, December 11, 2012 - 12:04 AM
MASTER OF CEREMONIES Vic Fernandes told Carols By Candlelight fans not to expect any rain, but the rain came.
He was so busy spreading cheer that he forgot to tell them to light their candles, but they did anyway.
None of these things dampened spirits when the annual event was held last Sunday at Ilaro Court.
People had begun trekking into the forecourt for the event, in its 17th year under the Rotary Club of Barbados, more than an hour before the scheduled start, to secure spots for collapsible chairs and spread blankets.
Some flowed down the hill, toting their duffel bags and picnic baskets.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Leif jensen commented on Tough lessons
- Harold Harris commented on Low spirits
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Festival needs ‘helping hand’
- Sodi S commented on 13 million snails put down