Ilaro Court aglow
Tue, December 11, 2012 - 12:04 AM
MASTER OF CEREMONIES Vic Fernandes told Carols By Candlelight fans not to expect any rain, but the rain came.
He was so busy spreading cheer that he forgot to tell them to light their candles, but they did anyway.
None of these things dampened spirits when the annual event was held last Sunday at Ilaro Court.
People had begun trekking into the forecourt for the event, in its 17th year under the Rotary Club of Barbados, more than an hour before the scheduled start, to secure spots for collapsible chairs and spread blankets.
Some flowed down the hill, toting their duffel bags and picnic baskets.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally