I’m pregnant for a married man

I’m pregnant for a married man

Tue, January 15, 2013 - 12:01 AM

Dear Christine,

My parents and family members are not aware that the man I am seeing is married and has two children.

From the time I started seeing him, he promised that he was going to leave his wife, get a divorce and that we would get married.

How can I now believe this when I hear that he and his wife are having another child?

I am really afraid and unhappy about what my family will say when they discover this, together with the fact that I am now pregnant for him.

Please help me. I am 24 years old.

– C.H.

Dear C.H.,

Women like yourself need to come to the realization that men who are married are not in a position to make marriage proposals.

What has this man done for you other than invoke fear, impregnate you, and caused you unhappiness?

Is it worth it?   You are a young woman and can certainly find happiness with a man who is single and unattached.

There is no easy way out of this mess. You must tell your family the truth and let this experience be a lesson for you.

They may be annoyed at first but they will provide support. If you can find the strength, also send this man back to his wife. I am sure your life will be the better for it.

He does not deserve your love or affection.

– CHRISTINE

Posted by Jane Brown 1 year, 9 months ago
I find it hilarious that this is what you consider a news story to put on your main portal. Seriously? Is the best you could do?

Posted by Carl Harper 1 year, 9 months ago
Christine, what do you mean by, "...this man...invoke fear [and] impregnate you....?

She supplied the egg; he provided the sperm. This is what can happen when a woman gets involved with someone's husband, and stupidly believe he will leave his wife.

And in case this is a surprise to "Miss Naive," a married man usually has sex with his wife - when permitted - so she too may get pregnant.

Given these letters, I am inclined to ask if most Bajan women are or have been involved with married men.

Why would a woman get into a relationship with a man who is married, yet females keep saying they detest men who cheat on their wives?

Posted by Cheese On 1 year, 9 months ago
Sweetheart I hope you didnt get pregnant to compete with the wife. Home Drums Beat First!

So sorry you have fallen for the Empty Promises of another Unfaithful Married Man.

Posted by Pan Wallie 1 year, 9 months ago
Christine, you mentioned sending this man back to his wife. The truth is he never left, the facts speak for themselves. He saw a naive, vulnerable young lady and had a good time.
Well young lady, after the initial hurt and anger, I am sure your family will be a source of comfort and help, unless you continue to be a fool in love. With regards to your pregnancy, there are several choices you can make and you must think them through carefully before making a decision. Listen to the advise of family and professionals, but ultimately let the final decision be yours, because you've got to live with it. Best wishes to you.

Posted by Bim Bum 1 year, 9 months ago
You're pregnant for a married man??

OMG how did THAT happen?

Posted by dirty okra 1 year, 9 months ago
K guys. I've figured it out. Before I start if you are a woman who stands on her two feet please DO NOT BE OFFENDED. It appears that there is a certain species of Bajan women who have decided not to get an education and a job but instead have decided to find someone else's husband and attemp to trap them. They are mostly found in the afterwork watering holes where these men frequent. They tend to be in their early 20's and have perfected the art of flirting and flaunting. Married men you must be aware that they are a vicious bunch. They have dedicated themselves to finding successful married men to pay their bills, buy their cloths and cars and any other expenses they have. They survive because the weak minded married man get caught by thier flashy smiles and swaying hips. Let this be a piblic notice. Beware married men BEWARE!! The only way to rid Barbados of this vicious species of woman is to starve them out. Do not get caught up...soon enough they will learn that gold digging is a long gone profession and will hopefully rehibilitate themselves and go look for a job!

Posted by Bajan Gal 1 year, 9 months ago
Steuuuuuupse! Are u serious? Christine can't help you get common sense my dear. That is something you have to develop for yourself.

Here is a clue.. .would a man that cheats on his wife be faithful to you?

You weren't afraid or unhappy when you were cheating with somebody's husband, now ya get ketch afraid because your family will find out ? Clue #2 find a single man that you will be proud to show to your family.

Clue #3- birth control selling.

Mistakes happen, so ask the father for strength and wisdom to get you through this challenging time.

Posted by Pan Wallie 1 year, 9 months ago
Mostly true Dirty Okra. They say that they prefer married men, because they don't have to cook, wash or clean for them. you soumd like somebody that get burn though Dirty Okra.

Posted by Alicia Osborne 1 year, 8 months ago
How is this news anyway? For Dirty Okra's information, it takes two to tango and if the married man is older he should be the wiser one so you just announced that most married men are easily led and stupid.

Posted by Don Clarke 1 year, 8 months ago
"They are mostly found in the afterwork watering holes where these men frequent. They tend to be in their early 20's and have perfected the art of flirting and flaunting. Married men you must be aware that they are a vicious bunch. They have dedicated themselves to finding successful married men to pay their bills, buy their clothes and cars and any other expenses they have."

@Dirty Okra, Do you mean prostitution under another name is that “organized” in Barbados?
No wonder the early retirees' are returning in droves. Thank you, I'll pack-up; and I’m coming home!

Do you think Barbadian women wear too much make-up?

• October 22, 2014 - 2014 10 22