Inniss: A political jokeMinister of Health Donville Inniss. (FP)
Mon, January 14, 2013 - 12:08 AM
Government Parliamentarian Donville Inniss has dismissed the Opposition’s boycott of Parliament from tomorrow as a poorly-thought-out plan that might eventually embarrass the Barbados Labour Party.
It was clear that “no serious thought” had gone into the boycott threat and that the BLP was simply trying to find an issue to take into the election campaign, the MP for St James South told the DAILY NATION yesterday.
“As far as I and many people are concerned the Barbados Labour Party has boycotted Parliament since February 2008,” he charged.
“Its contribution to parliamentary debates has been so infrequent and irrelevant the impression is given that Parliament is not taken seriously by the BLP.
“In this context, therefore, the latest statement about a boycott is nothing but a political joke which could well cause some embarrassment when people ask what really is the BLP’s performance record in Parliament. Even BLP supporters would come to the painful conclusion that their members are grossly overpaid.” (TY)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?