Wed, January 23, 2013 - 12:01 AM
EARLY CARNIVAL celebrations began in St Lucia on Sunday night at the Beausejour Stadium after Trinidad and Tobago captured the Caribbean Twenty20 title for the third consecutive year with a lopsided triumph over Guyana.
The show-stopper was dynamic all-rounder Dwayne Bravo as he took to the entertainment stage with a souvenir stump in one hand and the microphone in the other. Bravo showed that he’s not only a cricketer but he also knows a thing or two about singing, especially calypso.
Trinidad and Tobago’s nine-wicket victory was set up by fast bowlers Shannon Gabriel and Rayad Emrit while the batting trio of Lendl Simmons, Kieron Pollard and youngster Evin Lewis put on the finishing touches, making light work of Guyana’s unsatisfactory total of 111 for six. (EZS)
Here, Bravo (right) and Kieron Pollard lifting up captain Denesh Ramdin (centre) while MVP Darren Bravo (left) celebrates Trinidad and Tobago’s Caribbean T20 triumph with the country’s flag. Also joining in the celebrations is opener Lendl Simmons (back). (Picture courtesy of WICB Media/Randy Brooks)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Waterman commented on Call for curbs on imports
- Tony Waterman commented on Crop theft suggestions with Cabinet
- Pan Wallie commented on Respect due
- Tony Waterman commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Wayne Webster commented on COZIER ON CRICKET: Challenge for Bravo, Powell