Ivy patrol call
By anesta henry | Wed, January 30, 2013 - 12:07 AM
RESIDENTS IN THE IVY, St Michael, are demanding a greater police presence in the area.
Following a number of shooting incidents over the past month that sparked out of control during the last two days, residents are calling for a police mobile unit to be placed in the community.
Police are investigating two shooting incidents in the area.
On Monday afternoon just after 4 p.m. a man from the area received a gunshot injury to his neck at the Blenheim playing field.
The second incident occurred around 7:45 p.m. where Adrian Mathew, 30, of Howell’s Cross Road, received gunshot injuries to both heels near the same playing field.
They were both taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, treated and discharged.Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’