Ivy patrol call
By anesta henry | Wed, January 30, 2013 - 12:07 AM
RESIDENTS IN THE IVY, St Michael, are demanding a greater police presence in the area.
Following a number of shooting incidents over the past month that sparked out of control during the last two days, residents are calling for a police mobile unit to be placed in the community.
Police are investigating two shooting incidents in the area.
On Monday afternoon just after 4 p.m. a man from the area received a gunshot injury to his neck at the Blenheim playing field.
The second incident occurred around 7:45 p.m. where Adrian Mathew, 30, of Howell’s Cross Road, received gunshot injuries to both heels near the same playing field.
They were both taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, treated and discharged.Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on St Joseph folk cry out for water
- Bim Bum commented on 70 acres scorched
- Orson Arthur commented on Danger lurks in the bush
- Sodi S commented on Smaller turn-out, but Beach Party still thrills crowd
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Jealousy made me break up marriage