Ivy patrol call
By anesta henry | Wed, January 30, 2013 - 12:07 AM
RESIDENTS IN THE IVY, St Michael, are demanding a greater police presence in the area.
Following a number of shooting incidents over the past month that sparked out of control during the last two days, residents are calling for a police mobile unit to be placed in the community.
Police are investigating two shooting incidents in the area.
On Monday afternoon just after 4 p.m. a man from the area received a gunshot injury to his neck at the Blenheim playing field.
The second incident occurred around 7:45 p.m. where Adrian Mathew, 30, of Howell’s Cross Road, received gunshot injuries to both heels near the same playing field.
They were both taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, treated and discharged.Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sodi S commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Tony Webster commented on Cruise record
- Bentley Beckles commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Carl Harper commented on Shane takes bronze
- Carl Harper commented on Sinckler sorry for BRA slip-up