January murder trial for Kartel
Mon, November 05, 2012 - 7:10 PM
KINGSTON, Jamaica – Controversial dancehall entertainer, Vybz Kartel, goes on trial on January 21 next year for the murder of Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams, who was killed last year over the disappearance of an illegal gun.
The trial was originally scheduled to begin today, but Kartel’s attorney, Valerie Neita Robertson was not available to start as she is appearing in another matter.
Kartel, whose real name is Adidja Palmer, along with fellow entertainer Shawn Campbell, popularly known as Shawn Storm, fashion designer Calvin Haye, Andre St John, and Kahira Jones are accused of murdering Williams at Kartel’s home on August 16 last year.
Media reports said that Williams and another man had been taken to the entertainer’s house to give an account for a lost firearm and were beaten. Williams, whose body has never been found, was reportedly stabbed to death and the other unidentified man escaped.
The police said they have video and audio recordings linking the singer his co-defendants to the killing.
Kartel will also re-appear in court with two other persons later this month on charges of conspiracy in relation to Williams’ murder. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally