Jazzing for Christmas
Mon, December 17, 2012 - 2:03 PM
The sweet sounds of the jazz, Christmas style, filled the air last night at Ilaro Court.
It was a night when some very talented international musicians graced the stage for the tenth annual Christmas Jazz event produced by Deryck Walcott.
Traditional and familiar carols like Jingle Bells, Little Drummer Boy and O Come All Ye Faithful took on a different Christmas flavour but were just as easy on the ear, recognizable and more to the point, palatable to the soul.
Hundreds gathered on the lawn at the sprawling grounds of the Prime Minister’s residence to soak up the jazz vibes by musicians including Gerald Albright, Marcus Miller and Kirk Whalum.
Out and About was also there and caught up with some of familiar faces who were out enjoying the evening of jazz.
- Editor's Choice
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Bim Bum commented on Credit unions must pull investments
- Bim Bum commented on Too much emotion!
- Bim Bum commented on Increase in drugs from US
- Bim Bum commented on ‘Miracle tree’ in demand