Jeff Broomes reports to Parkinson

Jeff Broomes reports to Parkinson

Mon, January 28, 2013 - 12:44 PM

Principal Jeff Broomes has reported for his new assignment at Parkinson Memorial School.

The embattled Broomes, who was transferred to Parkinson Memorial School as part of a shake-up at Alexandra School where he was principal for ten years, had been on certified sick leave before the start of the term.

Broomes spent the first part of the day meeting with staff and familiarizing himself with the facilities.

He also addressed students at morning assembly and chatted with them on the grounds. (YB)

Posted by En Dee 1 year, 9 months ago
Good for you, Mr, Broomes. I wish you much success in your new school and I am sure that The Parkinson will do very well under your captaincy.I am hoping that both teachers and students will see your talents and that they will make good use of your guidance. Bonne chance! Nigel D.

Posted by David Hall 1 year, 9 months ago
On Guard! lets hope things are done.

Posted by stephen nicholls 1 year, 9 months ago
It still amazes me how a society can condone a man found by an official legal Commission of Inquiry to be one who indulges in untenable managerial behaviour, to continue as a principal of an educational institution! Nowhere else on this earth would this be allowed to happen!

Posted by Tony Waterman 1 year, 9 months ago
@stephen nicholls!!!it appears to me that it does not take much to amaze you.it amazes me how the Government of Barbados can Carry out the Findings of a Commissioner who should have EXCUSED himself as the SOLE COMMISSIONER after he had TAINTED the Inquiry by OPENLY CASTIGATING the CHIEF person that the Commission was Investigating. and in your own words ""Nowhere else on this earth would this be allowed to happen! ""
I also SUSPECT that in 6 mths to 1 year Jeff Broomes WILL be back at Alexandra School. REMEMBER You read it from me FIRST

Posted by vivij charlie 1 year, 9 months ago
I applaud you Sir.....You are the bigger person and sooo right......You ARE THE MAN

Posted by wayne husbands 1 year, 9 months ago
stephen. I recently had a case where a union member was denied time off and his pay was deducted because he was in Africa, I searched my soul,it was the third step and i knew that the case would not be taken to arbitration, it wasn't financially worthwhile, the employee missing pay was way below the cost of arbitration,i searched my soul and asked for divine guidance,i thought of Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King; i thought about that young lady in Pakistan. I thought of Errol Barrow and Barrack Obama..... and i knew that i won't be silenced, but what could i do?and how/who would it benefit? i sent an e mail to those who denied that employee his rights.i stated my side of the story and how they placed authority over legality=abuse of power, and most of all i asked my almighty father to take this act of injustice..and prepared myself for the next battle i may encounter. i say that to say this"LET GO AND LET GOD" Much respect and admiration for your dedication and insight.IN SOLIDARITY.

Do you agree with the demolition of the 100-year-old chapel at Lazaretto, Black Rock?

• October 31, 2014 - 2014 10 31