By Barry Alleyne | Mon, November 26, 2012 - 12:11 AM
Have no fear; your jobs are safe! The message last night from former Prime Minister Owen Athur to the staff of the Transport Board.
During an emotional, hour-long address at a mass meeting in Brittons Hill, St Michael, last night, the Leader of the Opposition said he felt it necessary to ease the minds of staff at the statutory corporation, because the Government continued to spread propaganda implying a Barbados Labour Party (BLP) administration would immediately privatize the Transport Board and start sending home people.
Arthur told the large crowd on hand at Villa Road that it was actually the Democratic Labour Party (DLP) that had put jobs at the Transport Board in peril by reducing its subsidy from $11 million back down to $6 million.
“What the Transport Board really needs is $16 million to carry the students of Barbados free,” Arthur claimed.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port