By Barry Alleyne | Mon, November 26, 2012 - 12:11 AM
Have no fear; your jobs are safe! The message last night from former Prime Minister Owen Athur to the staff of the Transport Board.
During an emotional, hour-long address at a mass meeting in Brittons Hill, St Michael, last night, the Leader of the Opposition said he felt it necessary to ease the minds of staff at the statutory corporation, because the Government continued to spread propaganda implying a Barbados Labour Party (BLP) administration would immediately privatize the Transport Board and start sending home people.
Arthur told the large crowd on hand at Villa Road that it was actually the Democratic Labour Party (DLP) that had put jobs at the Transport Board in peril by reducing its subsidy from $11 million back down to $6 million.
“What the Transport Board really needs is $16 million to carry the students of Barbados free,” Arthur claimed.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past