Kadooment Day retreat
Mon, August 06, 2012 - 12:10 AM
SCORES OF CHRISTIAN men in Barbados are expected to spend today, Kadooment Day, in a retreat focusing on religious matters.
The Men’s Ministry of The People’s Cathedral is hosting its annual men’s conference, popularly known as the Kadooment Day Men’s Retreat, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
It is the 11th year for this conference and organizers are expecting a turnout larger than that of last year, when about 300 men from 42 churches and denominations attended.
The theme of today’s conference is Following Jesus Christ and emphasis will be on discipleship and mentorship.
Head of Men’s Ministry at the People’s Cathedral, Mike Goddard, said some churches were not growing because new converts were not being properly discipled and trained to be Christians.
The main speaker for the retreat is general bishop of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the West Indies, Reverend Dr Pat Glasgow.
One of the objectives of the annual retreat is to break down denominational barriers and allow Christian men to fellowship together as the original church of Jesus Christ functioned. (ES)
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments