Kamla: Obama earned his re-electionTrinidad and Tobago’s Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar
Wed, November 07, 2012 - 8:16 AM
NEW YORK – Caribbean politicians and nationals in the United States yesterday welcomed the re-election of President Barack Obama, describing it also as “unbelievable and unprecedented”.
Caribbean Community (CARICOM) governments are yet to fully comment on Obama’s victory, but Trinidad and Tobago’s Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar said “he earned his re-election, he remained grounded in the politics of hope and delivery to the people.
Congrats President Obama,” Obama lives on,” she said in a text message to the Trinidad Express newspaper.
Obama, the first Black man to occupy the White House, successfully fought off a challenge from his Republican challenger Mitt Romney, who had told American voters that the Obama policies over the past four years had made them worse off.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past