Kellman pledges help to companies
Thu, October 25, 2012 - 12:06 AM
MINISTER OF INDUSTRY, SMALL BUSINESS AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT Denis Kellman says he will not sit idly by and not allow a majority of Barbadian businesses to get the help they need to expand and introduce new innovations.
Furthermore, he reaffirmed his support for companies with “export potential”, pledging that his ministry, along with the Barbados Investment & Development Corporation (BIDC), would be working closely to get more locally produced items in the overseas market.
Kellman’s comments came ahead of a tour of the new home of Coral Isle Food Products Limited at #11 Newton Industrial Park in Christ Church yesterday. Coral Isle Food Products Limited produces packaged cou cou in a ready-to-use liquid form as well as a dry mixture. Production was previously done in Crane, St Philip.
Kellman said he would ensure that all the technical assistance at the BIDC was “exploited” to ensure that all businesses on the island flourished. (MM)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- arlene Browne commented on LOOKA LEW: $3000 in feathers and beads
- elliot gibbs commented on Canadians on bail
- Tony Waterman commented on Sad farewell for Charmer
- Tony Waterman commented on Amputations ‘a case’ for reparation
- Snow Cone commented on Short in Barbados to work, not party