Mon, January 21, 2013 - 12:01 AM
THERE WERE LONG lines for burgers when international fast food restaurant Burger King opened its doors here for the first time last Saturday.
And yesterday there was a constant flow of people in and out of the restaurant located at Mall Internationale in Haggatt Hall, St Michael, as Barbadians took the opportunity to enjoy the traditional Burger King menu as well as the kind of chicken offered at other fast food restaurants.
“I was very excited to hear that Burger King was coming to Barbados. So I tried to get here as early as possible right after I left church. I will be coming here quite often,” said Andrew Gill.
His friend Zachary Cook added: “I like the size of the portions. I can’t wait for the branch in town to come.”
Operations manager Antoinette Grazette-Miller said management had anticipated exceptional traffic when the restaurant’s drive-through became operational earlier in the week.
“We recognize that the market needs another option and we will be providing just that with our second branch, which will be opening . . . in a few months in Bridgetown,” she said. (AH)
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments