Kraigg cracks another tonKraigg Brathwaite punching the ball through the off-side during his century. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
Fri, January 25, 2013 - 12:05 AM
Kraigg Brathwaite hit his second century of the Barbados cricket trials at Queen’s Park yesterday as the second three-day match ended in a tame draw.
Brathwaite struck 15 fours in an unbeaten 101 off 145 balls in 189 minutes as Kirk Edwards’ XI scored 214 for five in their second innings against Shamarh Brooks’ XI before play was called off at 4:20 p.m.
Swing bowler Kevin Stoute was the pick of the bowlers with three for 24.
Earlier, Raymon Reifer and Kenroy Williams both scored 63 in the Brooks XI’s first innings total of 319 as off-spinner Ashley Nurse took four for 72.
Summarized scores: Kirk Edwards XI 249 and 214-5 in 53.1 overs (Kraigg Brathwaite 101 n.o., J. Carter 31, S. Dowrich 30 n.o., R. Chase 29; K. Stoute 3-24). Shamarh Brooks XI 319 in 85.2 overs (Raymon Reifer 63, Kenroy Williams 63, Anthony Alleyne 51, K. Stoute 44, S. Brooks 35, S. Hope 26 n.o.; A. Nurse 4-72, M. Cummins 3-37). Match drawn. (EZS)
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?