Kudos for thrifty youth
Mon, September 03, 2012 - 12:08 AM
THE youth arm of the Barbados Public Workers’ Cooperative Credit Union Limited now has an asset base of over $10 million.
Glendon Belle, president of the credit union, told the DAILY NATION last night that he was proud of the growth of the Thrift Club, which now had over 9 000 members.
He made this disclosure following the club’s awards ceremony at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre where presentations were made to Barbados Scholars and Exhibitioners who are members of the club.
“The youngsters are doing positive things and we as a credit union are mindful that we have a social responsibility to our youth. (MK)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally