Lakers nail PineUP HIGH AND DOWN HARD! Lakers forward Ian Alexander finishing this throwdown in Sunday’s league game against Pinelands. (Kenmore Bynoe)
By Justin Marville | Tue, July 10, 2012 - 12:00 AM
AT LEAST PINELANDS didn’t have to worry about another late meltdown.
The play-offs may not be of concern either.
Lumber Company Lakers have punched their ticket for yet another postseason, and all but cancelled Pinelands’ spot, after basketball’s Premier League champs went on a decisive 31-13 third-quarter run to cap Sunday’s 93-69 rout at the Barbados Community College.
The result moved Lakers into a tie with Station Hill for the top flight’s best record at 12-3 and extended the league’s longest active streak of play-off appearances to eight straight seasons.
But while Lakers’ presence in the postseason is a staple, Pinelands’ recent absence has become just as common.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments