Lara in hall of fame(Picture courtesy ICC via Getty Images.)
Sun, September 16, 2012 - 12:05 AM
West Indies legend Brian Lara was inducted into the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Hall Of Fame yesterday.
The superb left-hander from Trinidad and Tobago who set several records in his illustrious career was warmly applauded and showered with praise as he became the 17th West Indian to be inducted during the annual ICC awards ceremony at the Water’s Edge Resort in Sri Lanka.
He dedicated the award to his late father Bunty Lara, who died before his son made his international debut for the West Indies.
“This person you see today before you accepting this Hall Of Fame honour is someone he moulded. He ensured that I had everything I needed to succeed as a cricketer and in life, even in trying times. He made a special effort to make sure everything was there,” Lara said.
Here, Lara (centre) posing with brother Winston (second right) and sister Agnes (second left) during the ceremony.
- Editor's Choice
- Godfrey Bynoe commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Dionne Lashley commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Orson Arthur commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally
- Orson Arthur commented on House of horror
- Orson Arthur commented on Belle clear