Lashley: Stadium will be readyMinister of Sports Stephen Lashley (File Picture)
Tue, January 22, 2013 - 12:05 AM
Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley has given the assurance that the National Stadium will be ready to host the primary and secondary schools’ sports.
Lashley said organizers of the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Athletic Championships and the National Primary Schools’ Athletic Championships had been in constant contact with the National Sports Council (NSC) and were being kept aware of the progress of work on the track.
“I believe that given the timeline, both of the meets can still be held at the National Stadium,” the Minister told NATIONSPORT yesterday at the Barbados Workers’ Union Family Fun Day in Mangrove, St Philip.
Lashley added that contractors had made significant progress, but this was just a small part of the overall Stadium redevelopment. (SAT)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments