Lashley: Stadium will be readyMinister of Sports Stephen Lashley (File Picture)
Tue, January 22, 2013 - 12:05 AM
Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley has given the assurance that the National Stadium will be ready to host the primary and secondary schools’ sports.
Lashley said organizers of the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Athletic Championships and the National Primary Schools’ Athletic Championships had been in constant contact with the National Sports Council (NSC) and were being kept aware of the progress of work on the track.
“I believe that given the timeline, both of the meets can still be held at the National Stadium,” the Minister told NATIONSPORT yesterday at the Barbados Workers’ Union Family Fun Day in Mangrove, St Philip.
Lashley added that contractors had made significant progress, but this was just a small part of the overall Stadium redevelopment. (SAT)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- wayne husbands commented on Mottley fails to meet PM
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on EDITORIAL: Talk to the people, Mr Stuart
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on THE HOYOS FILE: The menacing mood of passive resistance
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Moody’s: No growth
- Orson Arthur commented on ATM alert