Lashley: Stadium will be readyMinister of Sports Stephen Lashley (File Picture)
Tue, January 22, 2013 - 12:05 AM
Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley has given the assurance that the National Stadium will be ready to host the primary and secondary schools’ sports.
Lashley said organizers of the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Athletic Championships and the National Primary Schools’ Athletic Championships had been in constant contact with the National Sports Council (NSC) and were being kept aware of the progress of work on the track.
“I believe that given the timeline, both of the meets can still be held at the National Stadium,” the Minister told NATIONSPORT yesterday at the Barbados Workers’ Union Family Fun Day in Mangrove, St Philip.
Lashley added that contractors had made significant progress, but this was just a small part of the overall Stadium redevelopment. (SAT)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Waterman commented on Call for curbs on imports
- Tony Waterman commented on Crop theft suggestions with Cabinet
- Pan Wallie commented on Respect due
- Tony Waterman commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Wayne Webster commented on COZIER ON CRICKET: Challenge for Bravo, Powell