Lashley: Stadium will be readyMinister of Sports Stephen Lashley (File Picture)
Tue, January 22, 2013 - 12:05 AM
Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley has given the assurance that the National Stadium will be ready to host the primary and secondary schools’ sports.
Lashley said organizers of the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Athletic Championships and the National Primary Schools’ Athletic Championships had been in constant contact with the National Sports Council (NSC) and were being kept aware of the progress of work on the track.
“I believe that given the timeline, both of the meets can still be held at the National Stadium,” the Minister told NATIONSPORT yesterday at the Barbados Workers’ Union Family Fun Day in Mangrove, St Philip.
Lashley added that contractors had made significant progress, but this was just a small part of the overall Stadium redevelopment. (SAT)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mac 10 commented on Cruise record
- Leif jensen commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Morris in the race
- Bentley Beckles commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Carl Harper commented on Shane takes bronze