Legends take Shield(Picture by Jameel Springer)
Fri, June 06, 2014 - 12:05 AM
THE Shell Shield Trophy, the coveted plaque for which the best cricket teams in the Caribbean competed for two decades, is now being housed in the museum of Cricket Legends Inc., Fontabelle.
Acting chief executive officer of Cricket Legends, Kenneth Payne, told WEEKEND SPORT a letter was despatched to Shell, who agreed that Barbados, winners of the Shield 12 times in its 21-year history, had good grounds to have the trophy on exhibit.
Yesterday, legends Sir Wes Hall (right) and Desmond Haynes were delighted to pose with the shield that spanned regional first-class cricket from 1966 to 1987. (MK)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years