Leslie strengthens into a hurricane
Wed, September 05, 2012 - 3:07 PM
CNN) -- A tropical storm has strengthened into Hurricane Leslie in the Atlantic Ocean, forecasters said Wednesday.
The slow-moving storm could affect Bermuda this weekend, according to the National Hurricane Center in Miami.
The Category 1 hurricane was churning Wednesday afternoon about 465 miles (750 kilometers) south-southeast of the British territory and moving north at 2 mph (4 kph), the hurricane center said.
The storm had maximum sustained winds of 75 mph (120 kph).
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments