Emergency landing for LIAT plane(Internet Image)
Thu, December 02, 2010 - 12:00 PM
ST. JOHN’S, Antigua – Passengers on a LIAT flight today praised the captain for landing safely at the V.C. Bird International Airport after the aircraft lost a wheel on take-off.
“I just want to say all kudos must be given to the pilot, it was an excellent landing. He reassured us that everything would have been okay. Everybody was very calm on the flight and it was probably one of the best landings I’ve ever had,” one passenger told a local radio station.
LIAT’s Corporate Communications Manager Desmond Brown said flight 362 travelling from Antigua to San Juan with 24 passengers on board, returned to the V.C. Bird International Airport shortly after take-off, after a main wheel failure.
“As a precautionary measure, emergency services were on standby and the landing was uneventful with no injury to the passengers. All of the affected passengers will be accommodated on other LIAT services,” Brown said.
“The aircraft is being examined by the company’s maintenance department and will undergo the various checks stipulated by the manufacturer before it is returned to service,” he added. (CMC
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?