LIAT owns up to PR slipLIAT CHAIRMAN Jean Holde. (FP)
Sat, August 10, 2013 - 12:08 AM
LIAT CHAIRMAN Jean Holder is admitting the airlines’ failure to adequately make the public understand its challenges.
“By 2012, the frequent breakdowns of the more than 20-year-old LIAT aircraft had made it difficult to fulfil the demands of a schedule which was designed to respond to the demands for service requested by Caribbean countries.
“To ensure safety, each problem had to be fixed before an aircraft could be returned to service.
“This, however, resulted in poor on-time performance and constant dissatisfaction of the customer . . . as the customer is not too interested in why you can’t deliver a service, no matter how good your reasons may be. (CA)Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?