Lights out at Country TowersJohn Payne of the Barbados Light & Power working to restore power to Country Towers. (Ricardo Leacock)
Tue, January 15, 2013 - 7:37 AM
A NUMBER OF SCHOOLCHILDREN who reside at Country Towers on Country Road, St Michael, were among those inconvenienced by power outages there on Friday night and Sunday night.
Residents reported that a number of the students from the area were unable to attend school on Monday.
Resident Jerina Luke recalled: “You could not do certain things, like press clothes, and the [refrigerated] stuff would hardly be any good.”
She added: “I could not sleep properly because I usually sleep with the fan and inside the unit where I live was so hot.”
Communications administrator with BL&P, Jackie Marshall-Clarke, said that after Friday night’s outage, the company’s crews restored power temporarily “as the cables are underground and they would have to contact the various agencies with reference to the manholes where the cables were”.
With the second outage on Sunday night, crews again responded and power was restored permanently at 12.37 p.m. yesterday, she said. (RL)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Adam Shaw commented on PM Stuart recovers in Canada
- Wayne Webster commented on Town Planner: It’s not our fault
- Sodi S commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Tony Webster commented on THE ISSUE: IMF ‘help’ a given alternative
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?