Lights out at Country TowersJohn Payne of the Barbados Light & Power working to restore power to Country Towers. (Ricardo Leacock)
Tue, January 15, 2013 - 7:37 AM
A NUMBER OF SCHOOLCHILDREN who reside at Country Towers on Country Road, St Michael, were among those inconvenienced by power outages there on Friday night and Sunday night.
Residents reported that a number of the students from the area were unable to attend school on Monday.
Resident Jerina Luke recalled: “You could not do certain things, like press clothes, and the [refrigerated] stuff would hardly be any good.”
She added: “I could not sleep properly because I usually sleep with the fan and inside the unit where I live was so hot.”
Communications administrator with BL&P, Jackie Marshall-Clarke, said that after Friday night’s outage, the company’s crews restored power temporarily “as the cables are underground and they would have to contact the various agencies with reference to the manholes where the cables were”.
With the second outage on Sunday night, crews again responded and power was restored permanently at 12.37 p.m. yesterday, she said. (RL)
- Editor's Choice
- Marva Chase commented on Fake interpreter
- David Hall commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- David Hall commented on Cotton concern
- dirtyokra two point o commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Ann Lewis commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon