LIME action(Nigel Browne)
Thu, May 03, 2012 - 5:00 PM
LIME staffers took major industrial action today.
Hundreds of workers walked off the job, claiming the company had reneged on promises made in the presence of Prime Minister Freundel Stuart at the bargaining table.
Every single outlet, ranging from the corporate headquarters at the Windsor Lodge complex on Government Hill to the retail stores at Sheraton and Warren, were closed with many workers heading home before midday.
Many of them lambasted management for failing to live up to its end of the bargain after talks involving Prime Minister Freundel Stuart last month seemed to have ended the long-running dispute that dealt with a wages accord and job evaluation.
Full story in the WEEKEND NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Georges Augustin commented on Embrace African heritage!
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Bim Bum commented on Credit unions must pull investments
- Bim Bum commented on Too much emotion!
- Bim Bum commented on Increase in drugs from US