Lionfish catchScuba-diver Stevenson Taitt displaying the lionfish he caught yesterday. (Ricardo Leacock)
Mon, June 10, 2013 - 12:00 AM
IT WASN’T the kind of birthday present he wanted, but scuba-diver Stevenson Taitt ended up with a lionfish yesterday.
He captured the spiny, poisonous, predatory fish in the sea off Holetown, St James around 3 p.m.
Taitt told the DAILY NATION: “I was scuba-diving and the lionfish was just there in the reef, just waiting to eat the smaller fish in the reef off Holetown, and I went for it and caught it, for this fish is more dangerous to the reefs.”
Taitt, who operates a boat, added: “It is the biggest one I have seen so far. I caught another one just two days ago which was much smaller.” (RL)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Orange Peel commented on Raunchy beach party
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Hoping to make friends with other retirees
- daneale o'neale commented on NCC talks today
- James Lynch commented on Export lift
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past