Tue, February 19, 2013 - 12:11 AM
The voters’ register for Thursday’s general election will be published today.
Owen Estwick, chairman of the Electoral and Boundaries Commission (EBC), told the DAILY NATION that the final figures had been compiled last night and the register would be available to the public on the EBC’s website by the end of the day.
Noting that the commission’s officers had been working feverishly last week with matters ranging from objections, new data and the nightly election broadcasts from both major political parties, Estwick said the register’s cut-off point would have been last night.
The chairman also said that while he could not yet give comprehensive data regarding the number of voters in comparison with January 2008, there had been some objections which were to be finalized last Wednesday, while a few matters were still being investigated. (RJ)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Wayne Webster commented on Govt eases restrictions on used cars
- Wayne Webster commented on Show us!
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Time to bring squatting issue to resolution
- Orson Arthur commented on NY arrest
- daneale o'neale commented on ALL AH WE IS ONE: Naked self-interest