Tue, February 19, 2013 - 12:11 AM
The voters’ register for Thursday’s general election will be published today.
Owen Estwick, chairman of the Electoral and Boundaries Commission (EBC), told the DAILY NATION that the final figures had been compiled last night and the register would be available to the public on the EBC’s website by the end of the day.
Noting that the commission’s officers had been working feverishly last week with matters ranging from objections, new data and the nightly election broadcasts from both major political parties, Estwick said the register’s cut-off point would have been last night.
The chairman also said that while he could not yet give comprehensive data regarding the number of voters in comparison with January 2008, there had been some objections which were to be finalized last Wednesday, while a few matters were still being investigated. (RJ)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?