Liz: Mia has no beef with Arthur
Wed, February 20, 2013 - 12:08 AM
LIZ THOMPSON SAYS Mia Mottley is comfortable with the way she is being treated by Leader of the Opposition Owen Arthur.
“Do not make an issue of the change from Mia to Owen as leader of the Barbados Labour Party (BLP). These things happen in political parties,” the former Minister of Health said, speaking Monday night in Ruby Park, St Philip.
Thompson said that many people were questioning the status of the relationship between Mottley, the former BLP leader and Arthur, the current party leader. She said people also wanted to know how the relationship was going to impact on the party and on the government if the BLP won.
“In political parties, fights for leaderships and positioning will occur,” she added. (NS)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on UPDATED: Barrack removes locks
- Lisha Clarke commented on Board probing bus video
- Leonard B commented on BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Canada still banking on the Caribbean
- D. Stoute commented on ‘Money in seaweed’
- Carl Harper commented on Moody’s rating ‘affects interest payments’