Lower PHD prices soon
Wed, September 11, 2013 - 12:08 AM
The Pine Hill Dairy (PHD) is looking at lowering prices in order to stay competitive.
This will be one of the considerations of a Dairy Control Board which Minister of Agriculture and Food, Dr David Estwick said would be established soon.
“We are going to bring this to the forefront very quickly and allow the Dairy Control Board, which would be made up of producers as well as processors, to sit down together and work out things such as prices and quota in the way they ought to be done,” he said.
Estwick was speaking during a media conference after a tour of PHD yesterday.
Estwick also outlined other measures which the Government was undertaking to assist the dairy, such as a nationwide voucher programme. (CA)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Leif jensen commented on Tough lessons
- Harold Harris commented on Low spirits
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Festival needs ‘helping hand’
- Sodi S commented on 13 million snails put down