Machel thrills despite hiccupsMachel Montano performing last night at the show Enchanted. (Insight Digital)
Thu, December 27, 2012 - 6:00 PM
Boxing Night was meant to be Enchanted!
But with three – yes, three – sound failures during his performance and his late start onstage, it was less than magical.
However, Machel’s presence onstage still made it feel like carnival in December at Bagatelle Great House more than anything else.
In fact, he even played the piano until the sound system was fixed.
And the nearly 500-strong audience was forgiving once the 30-year veteran reset to zero.
Dressed all black from head to toe, Machel did not disappoint the mixed crowd that came out to support him.
His performance, which lasted just over 90 minutes, showcased some of Machel’s best – hits from 20 years ago and new releases right up to Carnival 2013. All this with a little help from his friends, like Patrice Roberts and Farmer Nappy.
Full story in the entertainment section of tomorrow's WEEKEND NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Larsen Parris commented on Tourism’s new body
- Leif jensen commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Carl Harper commented on Columbus Short in Barbados for Crop Over
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Warrens complex a hard sell for Govt
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Bajans told to pay tax