Madame President(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Thu, March 15, 2012 - 12:05 AM
It was a beaming Senator Kerry-Ann Ifill who greeted a number of well-wishers at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre last night mere hours after Prime Minister Freundel Stuart announced in Parliament she would be the first blind person to be president of the Senate – from next week.
Ifill, 38, told the DAILY NATION she was not only honoured to carry the mantle after the resignation of Sir Branford Taitt last week as president, but also happy to see people with disabilities being “recognized as equal citizens”.
Here, Ifill, who said she had been flooded with congratulatory calls all evening, being greeted by Minister of Education Ronald Jones at last night’s opening ceremony of the Barbados Technology In Education Conference And Exhibition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Not fit for old woman
- Mac 10 commented on No to backpacks
- Tony Webster commented on Ebola workers slaughtered
- Wayne Webster commented on THE HOYOS FILE: Last gasps of the dying cartel
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Wife points out past lovers