Madame President(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Thu, March 15, 2012 - 12:05 AM
It was a beaming Senator Kerry-Ann Ifill who greeted a number of well-wishers at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre last night mere hours after Prime Minister Freundel Stuart announced in Parliament she would be the first blind person to be president of the Senate – from next week.
Ifill, 38, told the DAILY NATION she was not only honoured to carry the mantle after the resignation of Sir Branford Taitt last week as president, but also happy to see people with disabilities being “recognized as equal citizens”.
Here, Ifill, who said she had been flooded with congratulatory calls all evening, being greeted by Minister of Education Ronald Jones at last night’s opening ceremony of the Barbados Technology In Education Conference And Exhibition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Is not wanting children selfish?
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?
- D. Stoute commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Mia Colucci commented on Tight-lipped