Madame President(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Thu, March 15, 2012 - 12:05 AM
It was a beaming Senator Kerry-Ann Ifill who greeted a number of well-wishers at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre last night mere hours after Prime Minister Freundel Stuart announced in Parliament she would be the first blind person to be president of the Senate – from next week.
Ifill, 38, told the DAILY NATION she was not only honoured to carry the mantle after the resignation of Sir Branford Taitt last week as president, but also happy to see people with disabilities being “recognized as equal citizens”.
Here, Ifill, who said she had been flooded with congratulatory calls all evening, being greeted by Minister of Education Ronald Jones at last night’s opening ceremony of the Barbados Technology In Education Conference And Exhibition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Harold Harris commented on Burke pulls up injured
- Harold Harris commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Tony Waterman commented on 13 million snails put down
- Harold Harris commented on Tough lessons
- Pan Wallie commented on Low spirits