Makeover for lighthousesHarrison’s Point lighthouse. (Picture by Heather-Lynn Evanson.)
By Heather-Lynn Evanson | Sun, November 11, 2012 - 12:06 AM
A move is afoot to turn three of the island’s historic lighthouses into money-making ventures.
A Request For Expressions Of Interest – Lighthouses has gone out to “prospective investors” as the Barbados Port Inc. seeks to refurbish and rejuvenate the island’s coastal sentinels.
And the projections are that it will take at least $1.2 million each to refurbish Harrison’s Point and Ragged Point.
The Barbados Port Inc., which has responsibility for the lighthouses, has invited investors to enter “into a business arrangement” with it “to develop the lands surrounding the lighthouses situated at Ragged Point, St Philip; South Point, Christ Church; and Harrison’s Point, St Lucy”.Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- David Hall commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- dirtyokra two point o commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Wayne Webster commented on Boyce: Pardon cricket rebels
- Wayne Webster commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon
- l h commented on Fake interpreter