Makeover for lighthousesHarrison’s Point lighthouse. (Picture by Heather-Lynn Evanson.)
By Heather-Lynn Evanson | Sun, November 11, 2012 - 12:06 AM
A move is afoot to turn three of the island’s historic lighthouses into money-making ventures.
A Request For Expressions Of Interest – Lighthouses has gone out to “prospective investors” as the Barbados Port Inc. seeks to refurbish and rejuvenate the island’s coastal sentinels.
And the projections are that it will take at least $1.2 million each to refurbish Harrison’s Point and Ragged Point.
The Barbados Port Inc., which has responsibility for the lighthouses, has invited investors to enter “into a business arrangement” with it “to develop the lands surrounding the lighthouses situated at Ragged Point, St Philip; South Point, Christ Church; and Harrison’s Point, St Lucy”.Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Moody’s rating ‘affects interest payments’
- Bim Bum commented on ‘Money in seaweed’
- Bim Bum commented on Gunned down
- Jack Husbands commented on Singer hit by hard times
- Tony Webster commented on BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Canada still banking on the Caribbean