Male patient, 73, stabbed at MentalThe body of Ernest Dacosta Edwards being brought out from a ward at the Black Rock Psychiatric Hospital. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Fri, November 02, 2012 - 12:09 AM
An elderly patient was stabbed to death at the Psychiatric Hospital yesterday morning following an alleged altercation with another.
Police reports indicate that deceased Ernest Dacosta Edwards, 73, was a patient at the Black Rock, St Michael institution for the past 20 years.
The other patient, a 44-year-old man whose name was not released by police, was said to have been institutionalized at the hospital for the past ten years.
He was detained by the High Court back in 2002 until “Her Majesty’s pleasure” after he was found unfit to plead to a murder charge.
Police are carrying out investigations. (AH)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- elliot gibbs commented on Home cry
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Orange Peel commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Afraid to tell him I’m not into sex