Male patient, 73, stabbed at MentalThe body of Ernest Dacosta Edwards being brought out from a ward at the Black Rock Psychiatric Hospital. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Fri, November 02, 2012 - 12:09 AM
An elderly patient was stabbed to death at the Psychiatric Hospital yesterday morning following an alleged altercation with another.
Police reports indicate that deceased Ernest Dacosta Edwards, 73, was a patient at the Black Rock, St Michael institution for the past 20 years.
The other patient, a 44-year-old man whose name was not released by police, was said to have been institutionalized at the hospital for the past ten years.
He was detained by the High Court back in 2002 until “Her Majesty’s pleasure” after he was found unfit to plead to a murder charge.
Police are carrying out investigations. (AH)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Not fit for old woman
- Mac 10 commented on No to backpacks
- Tony Webster commented on Ebola workers slaughtered
- Wayne Webster commented on THE HOYOS FILE: Last gasps of the dying cartel
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Wife points out past lovers