Male patient, 73, stabbed at MentalThe body of Ernest Dacosta Edwards being brought out from a ward at the Black Rock Psychiatric Hospital. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Fri, November 02, 2012 - 12:09 AM
An elderly patient was stabbed to death at the Psychiatric Hospital yesterday morning following an alleged altercation with another.
Police reports indicate that deceased Ernest Dacosta Edwards, 73, was a patient at the Black Rock, St Michael institution for the past 20 years.
The other patient, a 44-year-old man whose name was not released by police, was said to have been institutionalized at the hospital for the past ten years.
He was detained by the High Court back in 2002 until “Her Majesty’s pleasure” after he was found unfit to plead to a murder charge.
Police are carrying out investigations. (AH)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Bim Bum commented on DEAR JOHN: Curfew cramping my life
- Bajan Fishermen commented on Call for curbs on imports
- june skeete commented on Inniss: Poultry tax may go up
- cold winter commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- BIG SKY commented on Crop theft suggestions with Cabinet