Male patient, 73, stabbed at MentalThe body of Ernest Dacosta Edwards being brought out from a ward at the Black Rock Psychiatric Hospital. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Fri, November 02, 2012 - 12:09 AM
An elderly patient was stabbed to death at the Psychiatric Hospital yesterday morning following an alleged altercation with another.
Police reports indicate that deceased Ernest Dacosta Edwards, 73, was a patient at the Black Rock, St Michael institution for the past 20 years.
The other patient, a 44-year-old man whose name was not released by police, was said to have been institutionalized at the hospital for the past ten years.
He was detained by the High Court back in 2002 until “Her Majesty’s pleasure” after he was found unfit to plead to a murder charge.
Police are carrying out investigations. (AH)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past