Meet is onMinister of Sports Stephen Lashley. (FP)
Wed, March 27, 2013 - 12:10 AM
Stressing that providing the students with the opportunity to display their talents was the priority of all stakeholders, Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley yesterday confirmed there would be a secondary schools’ athletics meet in Barbados starting next week.
The Barbados National Secondary Schools’ Championships (BNSSC) will commence on Tuesday and continue on Wednesday at Weymouth, St Michael.
In a Press release, the minister said the “one-off substitute event” would be held after the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Athletic Championships (BSSAC) were postponed in February because of the unavailability of the National Stadium’s track, which is undergoing repairs.
This was the solution coming out of a meeting with Lashley, Minister of Education Ronald Jones, and the Physical Education Teachers Association of Barbados (PETAB) last Monday at the Elsie Payne Complex, Constitution Road, St Michael. (SAT)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’