Meet is onMinister of Sports Stephen Lashley. (FP)
Wed, March 27, 2013 - 12:10 AM
Stressing that providing the students with the opportunity to display their talents was the priority of all stakeholders, Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley yesterday confirmed there would be a secondary schools’ athletics meet in Barbados starting next week.
The Barbados National Secondary Schools’ Championships (BNSSC) will commence on Tuesday and continue on Wednesday at Weymouth, St Michael.
In a Press release, the minister said the “one-off substitute event” would be held after the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Athletic Championships (BSSAC) were postponed in February because of the unavailability of the National Stadium’s track, which is undergoing repairs.
This was the solution coming out of a meeting with Lashley, Minister of Education Ronald Jones, and the Physical Education Teachers Association of Barbados (PETAB) last Monday at the Elsie Payne Complex, Constitution Road, St Michael. (SAT)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Adam Shaw commented on PM Stuart recovers in Canada
- Wayne Webster commented on Town Planner: It’s not our fault
- Sodi S commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Tony Webster commented on THE ISSUE: IMF ‘help’ a given alternative
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?