Met man answers criticsHampden Lovell, Acting Director of Meteorological Services. (Gercine Carter)
Sat, July 13, 2013 - 5:20 PM
The Barbados Meteorological Service was criticized by some Barbadians this past week after Tropical Storm Chantal, which was predicted to hit the island, veered to the north and had little effect except for some rains and heavily overcast conditions.
The island was placed on shutdown as the storm approached and the all-clear was given only after 11 a.m. last Tuesday.
In the Big Interview in tomorrow's SUNDAY SUN, Senior Reporter Gercine Carter speaks to Hampden Lovell, who has been Acting Director of Meteorological Services for the past three years, about how the Met Office functions and responds to public criticism.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Pan Wallie commented on Home cry
- Wayne Webster commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women