Met man answers criticsHampden Lovell, Acting Director of Meteorological Services. (Gercine Carter)
Sat, July 13, 2013 - 5:20 PM
The Barbados Meteorological Service was criticized by some Barbadians this past week after Tropical Storm Chantal, which was predicted to hit the island, veered to the north and had little effect except for some rains and heavily overcast conditions.
The island was placed on shutdown as the storm approached and the all-clear was given only after 11 a.m. last Tuesday.
In the Big Interview in tomorrow's SUNDAY SUN, Senior Reporter Gercine Carter speaks to Hampden Lovell, who has been Acting Director of Meteorological Services for the past three years, about how the Met Office functions and responds to public criticism.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years