Met man answers criticsHampden Lovell, Acting Director of Meteorological Services. (Gercine Carter)
Sat, July 13, 2013 - 5:20 PM
The Barbados Meteorological Service was criticized by some Barbadians this past week after Tropical Storm Chantal, which was predicted to hit the island, veered to the north and had little effect except for some rains and heavily overcast conditions.
The island was placed on shutdown as the storm approached and the all-clear was given only after 11 a.m. last Tuesday.
In the Big Interview in tomorrow's SUNDAY SUN, Senior Reporter Gercine Carter speaks to Hampden Lovell, who has been Acting Director of Meteorological Services for the past three years, about how the Met Office functions and responds to public criticism.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on St Joseph folk cry out for water
- Bim Bum commented on 70 acres scorched
- Orson Arthur commented on Danger lurks in the bush
- Sodi S commented on Smaller turn-out, but Beach Party still thrills crowd
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Jealousy made me break up marriage