Mighty Whitey laid to rest
Thu, October 04, 2012 - 12:07 AM
A “GENTLE GIANT and fantastic friend” was laid to rest yesterday.
Alan Andrew Neville Taylor, also known as Mighty Whitey, had a quiet send-off at St Patrick’s Roman Catholic Cathedral, Jemmotts Lane, St Michael, before a gathering of family and friends.
Tributes came from Barry Taylor, who spoke on behalf of Mighty Whitey’s nieces and nephews, and his friends Robert Charlett and Patrick O’Hara. All of them agreed that he was entertaining and fun-loving and that there was lots of laughter whenever he was around.
He was also described as one who was generous with his time and money and his nieces, nephews and children were the beneficiaries, as he showered them with gifts whether it was – in Barbados, Trinidad, Dallas, England or wherever the gathering happened to be. (YB)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments