Mikey two sweet!Here, Mikey playing pan while singing We Loose. ((Picture by Rawle Culbard))
By NATANGA SMITH HURDLE | Mon, July 30, 2012 - 12:59 AM
It was pure sweetness for Mikey yesterday when he was crowned twice at Soca Royale, taking both the Sweet Soca and Party Monarch titles.
It went from sticky and hot to wet and wild when a downpour descended on the thousands gathered at Bushy Park, St Philip, from as early as 11 a.m.
When Biggie Irie came out to sing the first note of the competition with Mas at 3:45 p.m., the crowd was still streaming in and by the end of the night the corners of Bushy Park were packed.
The rain didn’t dampen the spirit of those who came out to Fete and it was wukking up Galore during the break after the first competition had ended.
The murmurs from the crowd were about who would be in the top three, and Mikey’s name was on the lips of many.
And he did not disappoint.
When his name was called as the Sweet Soca champ, it was met with much more screaming from a bumper crowd than his Party Monarch title, which he defended, had solicited.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments