Moment in time
Sat, December 01, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Barbadians turned out in the thousands at the Garrison Savannah yesterday to witness the Independence Parade and say Happy Birthday to their land.
Most of them were attired in varying shades of blue, yellow and black to represent the flag that was first unfurled at the same venue in 1966.
Under mostly sunny skies, members of the military and other uniformed groups were a picture of uniformity as they marched in slow and quick time before Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and other dignitaries.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Is not wanting children selfish?
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?
- D. Stoute commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Mia Colucci commented on Tight-lipped