Moment in time
Sat, December 01, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Barbadians turned out in the thousands at the Garrison Savannah yesterday to witness the Independence Parade and say Happy Birthday to their land.
Most of them were attired in varying shades of blue, yellow and black to represent the flag that was first unfurled at the same venue in 1966.
Under mostly sunny skies, members of the military and other uniformed groups were a picture of uniformity as they marched in slow and quick time before Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and other dignitaries.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?