Monarchs collect their cars
Wed, August 21, 2013 - 12:09 AM
The monarchs of this year’s Crop Over season were officially presented with their prize cars from McEnearneyQuality Inc (MQI) yesterday.
Calypso Monarch Ian Webster was presented with the keys to his $88 900 Ford Focus Titanium; Soca Royale’s winner Anderson Blood Armstrong sat in the driver’s seat of his blue Kia Rio Hatchback, worth $56 900, and then joined Michael Mikey Mercer, with whom he shared the Party Monarch title, to get a feel of their bright silver Kia Rio Hatchback, valued at $56 900.
During the presentation at MQI’s Wildey, St Michael location, the winners said that they were still contemplating what they would do with their cars.
Webster said that he would love to keep the car which he had claimed as his property “from the time I saw the car in Queen’s Park at the Gala”.
“This is a beautiful vehicle – that is the honest truth. I am going to enter some talks today with the folks at McEnearney and see how we can work out something . . . . I am attracted to this vehicle because she is a lovely lady,” he said. (AH)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past