Mother defends beating daughter
Tue, March 19, 2013 - 12:09 AM
A VIDEO of a mother inflicting a severe beating on her young daughter with a two-by-four plank in front of several onlookers has rubbed many Barbadians the wrong way.
The video went viral on several social media websites and resulted in people calling for the matter to be investigated by the Child Care Board while accusing the mother of gross child abuse.
But speaking to the DAILY NATION yesterday with her smiling daughter at her side, mother Karen Jordan said she did not believe she went overboard with her actions.
She also said she did not care what anyone thought about the beating.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’
- Orson Arthur commented on Samoa-bound
- Carl Harper commented on Fees ‘best option’