Motorcyclist dies in crash
Sun, October 28, 2012 - 12:01 AM
A Belleplaine, St Andrew family are today mourning the loss of their loved one Patrick Thompson, who died on the spot in a vehicular accident yesterday.
Thompson, 47, of Isolation Road, Belleplaine, was riding a motorcycle when it was involved in a collision with a lorry at the junction of Welchman Hall Main Road and Second Avenue, Welchman Hall, in St Thomas.
Station Sergeant Shirlan Alleyne of District “D” Police Station said the incident occurred at about 5:30 p.m. He said the other vehicle was driven by 35-year-old Michael Alleyne, of Second Avenue, Welchman Hall. He was unhurt.
Thompson, who worked at Roberts Manufacturing Co., and was “a seasoned rider”, was described by his aunt Diana Murray as a great person. She said Thompson returned to Barbados last Tuesday after spending the past two weeks in the United States with a relative. Here, police at the scene of the crash. (LK)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Larsen Parris commented on Tourism’s new body
- Leif jensen commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Carl Harper commented on Columbus Short in Barbados for Crop Over
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Warrens complex a hard sell for Govt
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Bajans told to pay tax