MPs react to Opposition boycottMP Denis Kellman
Tue, January 15, 2013 - 6:36 PM
Today’s Opposition boycott has come in for a tongue-lashing from some Members of Parliament.
Minister of Small Business Denis Kellman said the BLP’s absence was a perfect reason for the Barbadian electorate to act responsibly. “Anytime a person does not report for work, I don’t feel he is fit for employment,” Kellman said. “. . . And I will make sure I report them to their employers, the people of Barbados, for not coming to work.”
Minister of the Environment Dr Denis Lowe said parliamentary business would continue despite the boycott.
St Michael East MP Kenny Best called for a day’s salary to be deducted from each member of the Opposition.
Minister of Health, Donville Inniss said it was “shameful” that BLP members have absented themselves from Parliament. (RJ)
Full story in tomorrow's MIDWEEK NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past