MTW quick fixTwo drums with caution tape around them have been put in place to block the dangerous hole. (Picture by Maria Bradshaw.)
By Maria Bradshaw | Fri, October 19, 2012 - 11:30 AM
The Ministry of Transport and Works has been called in to investigate the hole at Valley Development, St George, which was discovered by homeowner Kim Campbell when she fell into it.
After it was drawn to the attention of the Barbados Water Authority (BWA) through this column last week, a crew was sent in to repair the leak, which was attributed to a hydrant.
However a BWA official indicated that engineers from MTW would have to investigate the underground hole, which is quickly expanding under the main road.
In the meantime, the BWA has placed two drums over the dangerous opening.
Let’s hope MTW will address this matter with more urgency than the Barbados Water Authority did since the latter never responded to Campbell’s initial call for assistance.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Barbados’ competitive edge still in jeopardy
- Tony Webster commented on FIFIA officials to return watches
- Simon Templar commented on Bulgarian charged for cocaine
- David Hall commented on Hewitt’s fond farewell
- David Hall commented on Lashley rejects Rouse comments