MTW quick fixTwo drums with caution tape around them have been put in place to block the dangerous hole. (Picture by Maria Bradshaw.)
By Maria Bradshaw | Fri, October 19, 2012 - 11:30 AM
The Ministry of Transport and Works has been called in to investigate the hole at Valley Development, St George, which was discovered by homeowner Kim Campbell when she fell into it.
After it was drawn to the attention of the Barbados Water Authority (BWA) through this column last week, a crew was sent in to repair the leak, which was attributed to a hydrant.
However a BWA official indicated that engineers from MTW would have to investigate the underground hole, which is quickly expanding under the main road.
In the meantime, the BWA has placed two drums over the dangerous opening.
Let’s hope MTW will address this matter with more urgency than the Barbados Water Authority did since the latter never responded to Campbell’s initial call for assistance.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past