Multimillion-dollar resorts going upThe show villa at Merricks Resort is under construction and should soon be completed. (Picture by Maria Bradshaw.)
Wed, August 22, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Harlequin Resorts is moving full steam ahead with the construction of its two multimillion-dollar luxury resorts in Barbados.
Construction is already under way on the $48 million H Boutique Hotel in Hastings, Christ Church, while a show villa and offices are being built for the time being at the $900-million Merricks Resort in St Philip.
Several local companies will be employed during the construction phases and Barbadians will find jobs when both projects are completed.
Despite the economic recession, company officials said yesterday that Barbados was one of the most sought-after brands in the Caribbean and they were looking forward to adding the Harlequin brand to its tourism product.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally